Saturday, March 5, 2011

Well, hello Guv'ner

Can you believe it's March and i haven't written a word here since New Year's. Ma bad.

So the other night we catered the Governor's Cocktail Fundraiser. At work we don't do politics. Actually we catered the Green Party on Sunday and Congressman Pallone's soiree a few weeks ago before Bruce's Ranney School benefit at the Pony. So, I feel we are an equal opportunity caterer...lol. Have to say it would have been fun to do one for Ann little and the Tea Party just to get a better perspective on it all.

The Guv was nice. He came through the kitchen at the Berkeley posed for pics and chatted while he waited for his speech. Seemed pretty down to earth and I think he's slimming a bit too. National Media and overweight don't mix well.

Then the Guv gave his speech. He's a good speaker when preaching to the choir. Made a few jokes about the blizzard and Florida, how Jerry Brown in California is following his lead and how Andrew Cuomo must be his brother, albeit separated at birth, because the Guv said he would do something and then Guv. Cuomo would do the same..it was cute...at least. The referencing to Walker in Wisconsin and unions....hmmmmmmmmm

I usually joke that I am going on a union break at work. I was nervous to use the "U" word around the GOP but I couldn't help myself...hehehe

I even got a pic myself being hugged by our Guv. Sweet!.....Maybe same-sex marriage will be back on his agenda..LOL
Ahhh...I don't think so

No comments:

Post a Comment