Friday, March 13, 2009

Damn, Jake took my shirt off.....Oh Boy!!!

Now, what do I do? Like I said, DAMN, I've been disrobed by Jake the internet observer of the TNC (Tri City News for those who aren't in the local know). I could of said unmasked but Jake likes to show his naked torso. So, I thought it was apropos. Mmmm....Then I could of said I was castrated but that would allude to thoughts of the penis...and we we wouldn't want that here in the Little Apple...or would we?

Ok, to clarify to Jake and you who wouldn't know :-), I call myself Big D...because I'm tall and D (in correlation with my other blog "Big Dick's Big Apple") is an euphemism (or is it a dysphemism) for my surname...now, the "size matters" is a speculation for the desirables or undesirables..hehehe..but we could talk Jake.....

Hmmm...What's a Big D to do? Please tell me. My first reaction was to stop writing here ever again. I mean Jake was quick to point out I do not write here enough anyway. Slacker was what he called me. Boy, I'd love to be a slacker but it's not in my family's genes. Look at my sister, she makes my head spin how she multitasks, macrotasks, and microtasks simultaneously. I'm a smaller yet bigger version of her I guess. My friends in the city always ask me how I am enjoying retirement? I laugh and say it's great I only work 12 hours a day because the bars close two hours earlier down here, i.e. not my usual 14. I would love to write more but when I told my sister that my secret retirement party was the week before Memorial Day she gave me the "Yeah Right!" look. She recommended that Jake and I switch jobs for awhile so I could get some writing done...what do you say Jake? :-)

Any hoo, since he dismembered me, as it were, I have this dilemma. Can I ever rant again about the goings on here in the Little Apple or do I have to be that good guy and only rave?....hmmmm....it's a paradox. I am definitely not and would never hopefully find myself comparable to the other journalist I call "The Silly Guy" in the TNC when it comes to my ranting. No misObamaisms here.

Jake, I'm not sure but I guess it is a Zen responsibility what words you send out into the world. My idea in writing this blog was to reflect on the comings and goings of the people and policies of the Little Apple. When I want to take the black and white and gray it, I tend to get poetic and metaphoric....not quite Zen in my book.

I knew intuitively that one day I would be found out and like the novel I'm trying to write "I Disappear" I would do just that. In that novel, a guy writes about his life after the collapse of the world. He doesn't know if anyone will ever read what he wrote. He doesn't know that even if his writings are read, when that would be. Would it be in a year, ten years or 300 years? He wonders if whoever reads his work will understand the references, idioms or even the language. Most of us think that "now" is what is and what will be. But everything evolves and transforms...more Zen there huh? lol..nah, I'm not a Buddhist ..I say I'm a Bachian Universalist....Google that! LOL

Ok, it's Friday night, turning into almost morning, the DJ is winding down and I'm here slacking off by wondering if throwing my opinions and observations of this extraordinarily new and novel universe the Little Apple out onto the waves is a great idea. But then there is the thought of allowing them to bounce off of that sculpted torso to drop into the moonlit sea.........

What's Big D to do? Hmmmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment